Iran has delivered its latest reply to a US proposal aimed at stopping the fighting on Sunday, and President Trump later posted that he's rejecting it. "I have just read the response from Iran's so-called 'Representatives.' I don't like it—TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!" he wrote, per the New York Times. The state-run IRNA news agency reported that Iran had sent its answer without disclosing whether any particular provisions of the US draft had been accepted or rejected, per the Wall Street Journal. UN Ambassador Mike Waltz told ABC News on Sunday that Trump is giving diplomacy "every chance we possibly can before going back to hostilities."
The current round of diplomacy is centered solely on ending active hostilities in the region, the news agency reported. US and Iranian negotiators are working on a one-page, 14-point memorandum of understanding that would be a framework for a 30-day negotiating period to work toward a broader settlement, per the Journal. State TV said Iran seeks to end the war on all fronts, including in Lebanon, where Israel is fighting the Iranian-backed Hezbollah militant group, and to ensure the security of shipping. The most recent US proposal addressed a deal to end the war, reopen the Strait of Hormuz, and roll back Iran's nuclear program, an issue that Tehran would rather discuss later. Earlier Sunday, Trump posted that Iran's government has been "playing games" with the US for nearly 50 years, per the AP.
This file has been updated with President Trump's post.